Terms and Conditions
These are the legal terms of our agreement, that you will need to be aware of:
“Journey” means the service you have booked, eg a sightseeing tour, a driver guided tour, a day out, or a taxi transfer, and includes all additional services (such as assistance with luggage or mobility) that I have agreed to provide.
“Written” includes paper and electronic communication.
- When our agreement is reached: When you have given me information about the service you wish me to provide, I will send you a written confirmation of your order, and my price. Once I have received your reply agreeing to the Journey details and price I have proposed, we will have a binding contract for which I will eventually send you my invoice.
- When you need to pay: Payment is usually required on the day of the tour or prior to the start of the Journey. Payment by cheque can be accepted but the monies must be cleared at least 7 days prior to the tour. Direct transfer and BACS can be made. Payment may also be made by cash or paypal, but unfortunately at present card transactions cannot be processed.
- Bookings are subject to availability: Whilst we do have a team of trusted partners it is not always possible to find alternate guides. No monies will be requested unless we have been able to confirm availability and a be able to take a definite booking.
- When a deposit is payable: We usually request a deposit initially of 20% of the fee to confirm the booking. Where this is the case balances must be paid on the day of the tour for direct bookings or within 7 days for Tour Operators and Travel Agents.
- If you want to cancel: If you cannot take the Journey we have agreed, please let me know in good time why, and I will decide whether or not a refund is appropriate. However, there will be no refund if I hear of a cancellation within 7 days before the start of the Journey as it will be too late for me to find other work for that day. The agreed price will be payable in full. Cancellations within 7-28 days will usually receive a 50% refund, and those cancelling with over 28 days notice a full refund will be received less a 15% booking fee for administration costs.
- Covid cancellations: Unfortunately bookings cancelled at short notice because of Covid will still be payable as the costs should be able to be claimed back through travel insurance plus other work will usually have been turned down to accommodate the dates booked. Whilst latest Government guidance means people testing positive are not legally required to isolate – our Blue Badge Driver Guide Association advises against taking guests who test positive in the enclosed space of a vehicle.
- If I am not able to be there: I work on my own and in some exceptional circumstances (for example family emergency or illness) I may have to cancel a Journey. If I am unable to undertake the Journey for any reason, I will refund any money you have already paid me but I will have no other liability to you of any sort. I would always try and find a replacement before cancelling and have a number of Blue Badge Guides and Driver Guides I already work closely with.
- If there are problems on the day: In the event of mechanical breakdown, illness, or other problems during the Journey I will decide whether to cancel the rest of the Journey, to wait for and use a replacement vehicle, or to vary the Journey details. I will always make sure you can get safely to where you need to be. Apart from that I will have no liability to recompense you for cancellation or changes to the Journey details, although I may choose in a suitable case to make a pro rata refund.
- My obligations: I have an obligation to all my customers to keep you safe. This means that I may need to exclude people from my vehicle in the event of inappropriate behaviour or other difficulties, and I therefore reserve the right to do so. For safety, all passengers are required to be seated whilst the vehicle is in motion and use the fitted seat belts.
- Health & Medical: if your trip involves any activities which involve physical exertion in the form of a walk you need to accept that there are inherent risk of personal injury. It is your responsibility to ensure that you can cope with the level of physical activity involved. If you have any medical conditions please consult a doctor before booking. We will always try and gain an understanding to levels of fitness and mobility and adapt tours to your needs. Sometimes we may have to amend our itinerary if we feel that you may be unable to cope with something or that you will be putting yourself under unnecessary risk.
- Changes to the Journey: where appropriate, before the start of the Journey I will give you a paper copy of our agreed itinerary and timetable. These are always subject to external events (for example weather or road closures) which are beyond my control. If you require any changes on the day, or if any changes prove to be necessary, I will do my best to accommodate them but reserve the right to charge you extra if additional costs are incurred.
- Special requests: We will aim to meet any reasonable requests including dietary and mobility requests as long as we are informed prior to our journey. Complying with these requests is not always possible and Real Yorkshire Tours cannot be held responsible for any unreasonable requests. Sometimes there may be an extra charge to meet unusual requests which are out of the ordinary.
- Flexibility: Our tours aim to be as flexible as possible to accommodate your needs on the day. Full day Tours will usually last 7 hours from collection to drop off. If you arrive at a meeting time late or are not ready to depart at an agreed time the tour will still finish at the agreed time.
- Weather: We have no control over the weather, but unless there are exceptional circumstances or we believe conditions are too dangerous, tours will go if its raining or windy. Customers are respectfully asked to dress appropriately for the tours and days out depending upon what is suitable for the activity. We will usually have umbrellas and some waterproof clothing that can be borrowed if required.
- Changes to itinerary: often customers ask us for alternative suggestions if weather is inclement. If we had a tour, which involved a substantial amount of walking, we can usually offer alternative suggestions involving more indoor activities such as museums, galleries or stately homes. Should itineraries change upon the customer’s request, we may not always be able to gain refunds and extra costs or entrance fees may be incurred.
- Gratuities & Tips: Service charges are not included in our fares, and any gratuities for the driver are at the customers’ discretion.
- Photography: Unless specifically asked not to, Real Yorkshire Tours reserves the right to use any photos taken on our tours to be used in promotional materials and our website or social media.
- Travel Insurance: We consider adequate travel insurance to be essential. We are not responsible for any medical expenses or for any costs, loss or damage you suffer as a result of illness or accident.
- Pets: Pets unfortunately cannot be accommodated on our tours.
- Refreshments and entrance fees: These are not included within tour costs unless specifically stated. The customer is liable for their own lunch/refreshment costs and admission fees to castles, stately homes, museums and galleries.
- The contract: By placing a booking with us, you are confirming that you have read the Terms & Conditions and understand them fully.